Tailor-made system for installation on board vessels to reduce fuel consumption as well as reducing emissions of greenhouse gases
What we offer:
We have developed a system that utilises the favourable fuel consumption of a vessels main engine to power the electric generator. It is a tailor-made solution for installation on board fishing vessels and other smaller vessels to reduce fuel consumption and maintenance cost as well as to reduce emissions of the greenhouse gases CO2 and NOx. The main feature is that the system is designed to maintain a stable frequency (50/60Hz) even if the main engine speed varies greatly.
This is a new and innovative product on the market, and it is easy to install.
The system has been tested on board Norwegian and international vessels over a prolonged period, and has proven to be outstandingly reliable in operation. One test reports: “By eliminating the need for an auxiliary engine to run the vessel´s electrical system, the fuel savings achieved with the system are quite substantial. Furthermore, another huge benefit is the reduction of NOx emission by 45 to 50%”.
Innovations and advantages of the offer:
The system has the following advantages:
• Eliminates unnecessary use of the auxiliary engine thus reducing fuel consumption, maintenance cost as well as emission of CO2 and NOx.
• Optional main engine speed means optimal propulsion economy.
• The software for the control system is tailored to each individual vessel and engine.
• Self regulating without bypass oils.
• Correct design dimensions and installation mean a long useful life. Requires minimum maintenance - only filter changes (and oil changes, if applicable) at recommended intervals.
Current and Potential Domain of Application:
A tailor-made solution for installation on board fishing vessels and other smaller vessels to reduce fuel consumption and maintenance cost as well as reducing emissions of the greenhouse gases CO2 and NOx.
What are we looking for:
Type of partner sought: Industry
Specific area of activity:
Manufacturer or distributor of maritime equipment
Task to be performed:
The partner should be capable of a “bridgehead” role, e.g. creating relations with new customers and be able to take on defined responsibility in prospected implementations and further development.
We will provide the necessary technical assistance.